Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Bullets That Aren't Bad For You

A couple of things worth mentioning and checking out:

  • Have you seen the Trashman's on going story? You should.
  • An old but developing story: telekinesis may be coming to a store near you. Two years ago, scientists already developed a method of motor cortex implants that allowed a a monkey can move a cursor with just its thoughts. Imagine the future possibilties: parapeligics that can have cybernetic prosthetics, a whole new labor force, or even, as a friend an I discussed, the possibilities of virtual reality.
  • There's some industry buzz that Google may be considering getting into the IM market. I bet AOL is getting a little shaky at just the discussion of that.
  • Ray Charles passed away this year, but his legacy will always live on. Especially now that he has an album that was recently released, with guest appearences by musicians Bonnie Raitt, Gladys Knight, Johnny Mathis, Van Morrison, Natalie Cole, Michael McDonald, James Taylor, Norah Jones, B.B. King, and Elton John.
    ''I thought it was time to have some of the friends that I love and artists that I admire come into my studio and sing with me live, the way we did it in the old days,'' Charles writes in the liner notes.
    I have to get my hands on this.
  • This flu vaccine shortage is a little troubling. I hope for the health and safety of those who truly need it the most.
  • Social security is giving a 2.7% increase for cost of living, mostly to be eaten up by medicare. By the time I'm ready to get SS, there might be very little left. But I'm already planning on that anyway.
  • I decided to see if I could reverse engineer the picture of Sloth and the Dastard that Sloth posted on her site. Here's what I discoverd:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home